PrestaShop (vs. Magento)
- PrestaShop is easy to install, but doesn’t boast the same out-of-the-box features as Magento.
- PrestaShop has lower system requirements than Magento, but doesn’t have any of the compatibility issues PrestaShop has.
- PrestaShop is easier to customize, but has far less options for customization.
- PrestaShop does not have the community of users or the hugely successful official support team that makes Magento so attractive.
- PrestaShop software is much smaller (in MBs and files) than Magento.
- PrestaShop has emphasized its search capabilities since its inception, while this has been less important for Magento.
- Both are robust and have a web 2.0 feeling with out-of-the-box capabilities that surpass other open source eCommerce platforms.
- Magento offers more themes than PrestaShop.
- Magento’s SEO features are incomparable with any other eCommerce platform.
- Magento is more appropriate for a large scale eCommerce store.
No matter what platform you currently use, <spam link removed> can migrate your site over to industry-leading Magento eCommerce without needing to worry about data loss, duplicate data, or any other possible problems. We can successfully migrate all imperative information from your previous site, such as categories (including category structure), products (including products options), customers (including multiple shipping addresses), orders, and manufacturers. Check out <spam link removed> for all of your Magento eCommerce integration needs.
Features are listed below, and the great benefit for Magento over Presta is its multi store functionality, and support community. Presta is much easier in use. I advice to read this review for Both platforms here. http://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/useful-articles/43-prestashop/5361-battle-of-the-year-prestashop-vs-magento
I find this post rather helpful in deciding which one is better