Yeah, the easier route would be to go through WHM I think. Here's the basics...
How to Create Reseller Packages
1. In WHM, Under Packages, select Add Packages
2. Give your new package a name such Basic, Premium, etc. You can create as many as needed. Most resellers have 1-3 packages.
3. Enter an amount for each of the resources you wish to offer. "0" will disable a resource and "unlimited' will remove any limits. Be sure to specify an actual amount in Megabytes for Quota(Storage) and Bandwidth or you may find one client using all the storage and bandwidth your reseller account is allowed and you may have some angry customers not to mention you will not be able to create any more client accounts. Specify some smaller portion of the overall amounts we provide for your reseller account. More storage and bandwidth can be purchased at any time.
4. The only Settings box below that should be checked is "CGI Access".
5. Set your Cpanel theme to X or X3, whichever you prefer. (You can brand both themes to your logo.)
6. Leave the rest of the settings below that alone and click on Add.
You may then create another package if desired.
Hope that helps!