All our new general servers (those without ASP or JSP) will have Ruby on them. This only applies to new servers going live this week and forward.
For the Ruby servers, some of them will have Ruby and RoR with mod_ruby and eRuby, while others will have Ruby and RoR with FastCGI. Please note that we cannot have mod_ruby, eruby and FastCGI together as mod_ruby and FastCGI do not play nice together. eRuby requires mod_ruby, so it is only on those servers with mod_ruby.
If you are going to be using RoR and need an application generated for it, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with the following details:Ownership Verification:
- Last 4 digits of your credit card on file with us
- Billing address
- Zip code
- Telephone number
- First and last characters of your cPanel passwordAccount details:
- Domain name
- cPanel usernameRuby details:
- Application name for the RoR folder (it cannot already exist in public_html or www, so please do not create the folder in public_html or www directory)
- Type of Ruby you need (mod_ruby and eruby or FastCGI-based)
If we need to move you to the Ruby server due to not being on one already, please provide authorization for us to perform the move along with the other details noted above. I would personally suggest RoR with FastCGI as it is faster in a browser due to caching.
Please let us know if you have any questions, and good luck in your coding