Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Calendars..  (Read 3944 times)

Offline old_guy

Calendars..
« on: June 24, 2018, 08:11:44 PM »
I'm trying to gain access to the calendar that's available with my personal e-mail account on my server at Lunarpages, but I'm striking out. It's a shared Linux server with cpanel. I'm on a linux desktop and I've tried 3 programs(t-bird, evolution and Korganizer). I've tired all the urls shown in the cpanel instructions (both the secure and non-secure). All yield the same results - The connection times out and the calendar is never picked up. The other night I looked at a transaction utilizing wireshark and, while I'm no expert here, the server doesn't seem to be responding in any way when a request is made. I thought perhaps, I missed something in the settings in cpanel - Like I need to flip a switch somewhere to get this to work, but I haven't come across anything. I'm using caldav on the clients so I don't think that's the problem. I'm not sure what else to try.

Is this feature even available  and if so is there something I need to do server side to enable it? It works fine through webmail, I'd just like to be able to sync across several devices.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Lewis

Offline MrPhil

• Senior Moderator
  • Berserker Poster
Re: Calendars..
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 06:19:14 AM »
Your client is set up for CalDAV, per the cPanel instruction page? You're not on LPCP, right? I see that they've only tested on Apple products, so who knows how well it will work on non-Apple PCs (you didn't say what your PC client is). Not having used any of this stuff, anything beyond that would be a wild guess.

Considering that I constantly get instructions to use the TLS/SSL Wizard on cPanel, but there's nothing there, it's entirely possible that LP has not enabled this cPanel feature at all! Before spending any more time on it, you might want to check in with Support and see if the calendar is enabled in the first place.
Visit My Site

E-mail Me
-= From the ashes shall rise a sooty tern =-

Offline old_guy

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 04:28:30 PM »
Yes I'm on cpanel(logos,documentation links and so on) and the clients have CalDAV as a choice. I've used them before elsewhere so I'm pretty sure that's not the issue. Although that stuff about "only tested with apple" gave me pause, my searches around the cpanel help world seemed to show that other clients should function. Unfortunately, I don't have a Apple device to check it against. I suppose I could blow the dust off the IIe in the basement, but I'm thinking cpanel has something else in mind  :D

I'll check with the help desk next and see what happens.

Oh, thanks for the quick response. If I get any info back from the help desk, I'll post it here.

Take Care,

Lewis

Offline old_guy

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 05:06:03 AM »
I did hear back from the help desk. This feature isn't available on a shared server. I assumed that with cpanel showing configuration settings that it was available. While I can still get to the calendar feature via web mail, it's much less useful to me so I'll need to look at other alternatives.

Lewis

Offline MrPhil

• Senior Moderator
  • Berserker Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 05:11:51 AM »
Yeah, there seem to be a lot of cPanel features which aren't implemented or enabled on LP shared servers. I'm going to put something in the Review and Feedback area bringing it to their attention.
Visit My Site

E-mail Me
-= From the ashes shall rise a sooty tern =-